Bozeman, MT – MYSTERY RANCH, an industry-leading pack company with multiple product lines focused on function, comfort, quality and durability, introduces the king of hunting packs—the Metcalf.
As a versatile hunting backpack for multi-day quests into the wilds, the Metcalf features both a large main packsack and a detachable, smaller day lid for quick stalks.
The Metcalf is an all-around workhorse in versatility—sporting enough volume for more than a week in the field but compressible enough for an afternoon stalk. Built onto our new Guide Light Frame™, the Metcalf has ample heavy-weight capacity, and the Overload Shelf™ keeps bag contents clean when packing out a carcass. With a detachable lid for day use, side detail pocket and full-length size zip access, this pack is a favorite among hunters looking for versatility and all-around utility … regardless of the game or duration of the hunt.
- Top-load design with side-zip access to necessities at a moment’s notice. Side zip is large enough for full-sized spotting scopes
- Detachable lid transforms to a shoulder pack with two pockets for a kill kit, rain layers, water and food for dropping the big pack and stalking with precision
- External detail pocket on left side is sized to fit headlamp, SPOT, batteries, flagging tape, and neck gaiter
- Single stretch-woven side pocket for tripod feet or bottle
- Hydro sleeve with toggle hang-loop for any bladder type
- Face compression for bow/rifle or shed antler carry
- Overload Shelf™ to securely carry meat or dense additional gear between the Metcalf bag and Guide Light Frame™
Weight: 6.2 pounds
Volume: 4325 cubic-inches
Frame System: Guide Light Frame™
The Metcalf Backpack is part of a larger hunting collection, the Wilderness Series, offered by MYSTERY RANCH named after the wilderness areas in Montana designated by the Wilderness Act of 1964.