This is by far one of my most favorite venison recipes. It is super easy to put together and tastes amazing. It also makes the house smell so good after a long day out in the woods or walking in the door from work.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 hours on low & 5-7 hours on high
2-3 lbs of venison roast
1/2 Medium diced spanish or sweet onion
8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
28 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
1 package of McCormick dry Thick and Zesty Spaghetti mix
3-4 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Parsley
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon of Rosemary
1 package of linguini or egg noodles
1 can of tomato sauce (optional)
- Use the olive oil to lightly grease inside the slow cooker.
- Add the diced tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, dry spaghetti mix, oregano, parsley, basil, and rosemary. Salt and pepper lightly to taste. Add more of the can sauce if needed depending on the roast size.
- Add venison roast then spoon existing sauce, onions and mushrooms over roast. Cook roast for the above mentioned times. The slower the better.
- Check roast prior to removing for tenderness. You want it to be able to be pulled apart easily. This is also a good time to add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook noodles of choice, I prefer the egg noodles or linguini.
- Serve meat on top of the pasta followed by the sauce and top with some grated parmesan cheese.